"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29: 11



Monday, October 23, 2017

Itinerant Bike Rider

Anyone who has followed me on Facebook or our journey on our blog would know of my passion for cycling. So over the last 5 years I have been lucky to borrow bikes most places we have visited thanks to some generous friends and family. And I have had the opportunity to ride in many of the countries we have visited. Here are a selection:

My trusty Focus MTB purchased ex-hire from Bikepoint in Tenerife in 2013.
Ridden in Canary Islands, Congo, South Africa, Madagascar, Benin and now Cameroon.

Murray Crawford's parents helped me find my
Africa road bike in Cape Town in 2014 for a bargain price

Borrowed this one from Jim Sibson in the summer of 2014.
The family rode from Bath to Bristol

Jack Parker's deadly "treadly" folding bike in 2014.
He should use it as an anchor for his canal boat.
Deadliest bike I have ever ridden.

Tom Kern borrowed this one from a friend for me
to explore the forests and mountains around Heidelberg in 2014.
Had a blast.

Ed McLeod from South Shields Velo Cycling Club lent me his beautiful
Bianchi whilst I was studying at South Tyneside College in 2015-16

My trusty trundler for getting about South Shields in 2015-16.
35 quid at Chichester Op Shop

My mate Peter Faase who always lends me his lovely Cervelo when we are home.
I think he likes to leave his Garmin on it, especially when I ride hills.

Riding in Mada in 2015.

Our good friend Viv who took me out riding Glenbrook to Waterfall
when we were home in 2015.

My trusty Cannondale Scalpel at the Highland Fling back in 2012?
Now hanging in Simon Moore's shed waiting for me to return.

Perhaps the nicest bike I have every ridden. I hired a bike
 to ride up and down Alpe d'Huez in 2017 and got an upgrade to a
new Scott Foil with Di2.

In summer 2017 we hired mountain bikes (Velo Tours Terrain) when
we were in the Vosges Mountains. With Jack and Tracy.

Riding VTT with the Unity Velo Club in the forest at Dibombari in 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment